Creative Thinking: Innovative Solutions to Complex Challenges
March 30–31, 2016
October 24–25, 2016
Two-day seminar on enhancing personal and organizational creativity
The most successful executives are inspiring leaders, smart strategists—and creative thinkers. Across every business function, creativity is central to solving complex problems, developing new strategies, facilitating innovation, and driving change within the organization.
This two-day program focuses on how to build a competitive advantage by fostering a creative culture that sparks inspiration, collaboration, and innovation. As you examine the creative process at work in real-world business scenarios, you will learn how to craft innovative solutions to complex business problems. The program also features a team exercise that puts your new skills and creative mindset to the test as you tackle a critical challenge facing your company.
Why you should attend
- Solve business problems and make better decisions through creative thinking
- Gain practical tools for incorporating creative thinking into day-to-day processes
- Harness your team’s collective abilities to produce innovative solutions and strategies
- Approach business challenges with greater confidence and achieve better results
- Learn how to implement and manage the creative process across all domains
- Fostering a culture that values, nurtures, and rewards creative solutions
- Implementing a methodology that overcomes barriers to innovative thinking
- Reframing problems, making new connections, and challenging assumptions
- Using questions to brainstorm and solve business problems more effectively
- Generating, testing, and enhancing new ideas, strategies, and techniques
Who should enroll
This program is ideal for general managers, functional leaders, or consultants who want to:
- Design innovative solutions to tough business challenges
- Improve their decision making by developing a creative mindset
- Lead change management initiatives with greater confidence
- Strengthen their team’s creative problem-solving skills
- Spark brainstorming and collaboration across all functions
Anne Manning is a founding partner of Drumcircle, an insights and innovation firm, and an Innovation Fellow with Encore.org. She brings over 25 of years experience working with senior executives at Fortune 500 firms, providing counsel in strategy, marketing insights, communications, innovation, and creativity. Much of her work has focused on infusing marketing and communications planning with an empathetically based customer focus that results in long-term brand commitment and loyalty.
Manning is also an experienced and successful facilitator, who integrates the tools and techniques of creative problem solving and design-thinking tools and techniques into her engagements.
Manning’s current research and project work focuses on the application of creative thinking processes to solve organizational challenges, with the goal of infusing market planning with innovative thinking. She has also led training sessions in creative thinking, innovation and insight development.
She earned a master of science degree at the Center for Creativity and Change Leadership at Buffalo State College. As a recent voyager on Semester at Sea, she traveled the world and worked with George Kembel, the founder of Stanford’s d.school. She also worked with students and established social entrepreneurs who are tackling complex global challenges, like the need for clean water, education, and safety in third world countries.
Prior to Drumcircle, Manning was a founding partner at Sherbrooke Partners, a boutique management consultancy focused on strategy and leadership development and a founding partner at Manning + Associates, a market research firm. She started her career working in account management at leading ad agencies in New York and Boston.