Design Thinking Workshop
October 7–8, 2015
March 2–3, 2016
August 8–9, 2016
Design thinking workshop
Inventors like Thomas Edison and Steve Jobs were quintessential innovators who used a problem-solving process called “design thinking” to revolutionize entire industries and establish an enviable competitive advantage for their companies. Focused on listening, user empathy, whole-brain thinking, collaboration, and experimentation, design thinking can be applied in any field—from architecture and design to healthcare and product development to urban planning and beyond.
This intensive two-day program delves into the fundamentals of this creative approach by immersing you in dynamic discussions, relevant readings, and team exercises. As you put your knowledge to work in several design challenges, you’ll learn how to harness the power of design thinking to create a path to innovation, unveil new possibilities, and make a greater contribution to your organization’s future success.
Why you should attend
- Learn the fundamentals of design thinking to improve organizational performance
- Solve complex challenges through the process of structured design thinking
- Drive better results by combining design thinking with analytical decision making
- Establish a framework for building an environment that fosters creativity
- Develop new ways to collaborate across all functions of the organization
- Implementing design thinking processes and tools to drive innovation
- Understanding the role of people in successful design thinking
- Transitioning through the phases of inspiration, ideation, and implementation
- Using tools like visualization, mapping, and storytelling to create solutions
- Applying the design thinking methodology to your specific challenges
- Testing, refining, and improving new ideas, business models, and processes
Who should enroll
This program is ideal for professionals from any industry who are tasked with problem solving and are looking for new approaches to finding solutions.
The workshop nature of this program is particularly useful to teams from the same organization who also want to use the program to tackle an organizational design challenge.
Dave Power, who teaches the October 2015, and the March, August and October 2016 sessions, is president of Power Strategy Inc. where he helps executive teams with growth strategy, alignment, and execution. Power has guided growth companies as an operating executive, board member, and advisor for more than 25 years.
As an operating executive, Power was CEO of Novera Software, a private Internet software company; senior vice president of marketing and corporate development at RSA Security; and a vice president and general manager at Sun Microsystems.
As a partner at Fidelity Ventures, Power was an investor and board member in a number of successful growth companies including Black Duck Software, Castlight Health, EnterpriseDB, Polyserve, Ping Identity, and Vibes Media. Power was also a venture partner at Charles River Ventures.
In his early career, Power was a partner at Mercer Management Consulting where he co-founded the firm’s technology industry practice, advising Apple Computer, Lotus Development, and other technology leaders. He also designed and delivered executive development programs.
Power received an MBA from Stanford Business School, where he was an Arjay Miller Scholar, and bachelor of science in civil engineering and master of science degree in environmental engineering from Tufts University.