Introduction to Digital Marketing
Dates to be announced
Two-day seminar on improving social and digital strategy and marketing
Marketing communications professionals must adapt to rapid changes in social and digital media on a daily basis—but keeping up with new platforms and strategies can be a demanding job in itself. To succeed, they must approach social media platforms as two-way communication vehicles in order to reach more customers, deliver the right message, and drive more traffic to their website.
This two-day program provides you with an overview of the latest digital media and social media strategies to apply to your business and personal brand. Through interactive and relevant exercises, you’ll explore many of the major platforms and receive real-time feedback in the process. Each module provides hands-on opportunities for building the strategic skills and mindset to bolster your digital brand and boost your marketing reach.
Instructor Nicole Ames explores the most common struggles digital marketers face and offers key points to consider when building a digital marketing strategy.
- Understand common terminology when referring to digital and social marketing
- Evaluate your brand’s digital footprint to find what’s missing or needs to be improved
- Improve postings and polish profiles per best practice standards
- Manage your digital brand from both a personal and a business perspective
- Create a powerful personal or company page that has impact on social media
- Identify and follow influencers pertinent to your brand to expand your reach
- Explore how different search and digital ads improve search engine marketing
- Understand and experiment with social platforms, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube
- Create a digital marketing straw model for your organization that includes new platforms, sharing across teams, and a measurement plan
Who should enroll
This hands-on program is ideal for marketing and communication professionals and business owners who want to:
- Expand their knowledge in digital and social media marketing
- Learn how social and digital media can drive more business to their website
- Understand the role a “personal brand” plays in their company’s success
- Maximize digital strategies by developing a customer-centric mindset
- Understand the importance of keywords and search engine optimization to improve their websites and social profiles
- Manage external agency and internal marketing teams more effectively
- Implement new strategies to improve customer interaction with their brand
Since founding Twist IMC, Nicole Ames, who teaches Introduction to Digital Marketing, Social Media Marketing, and Advanced Digital Marketing, has worked with several leading corporations to help their marketing teams develop effective digital strategies.
Nicole gained deep client-side experience working at Fortune 500 companies prior to founding her company. She was the director of global communications at Western Union, and she created the first integrated plan for 250,000 agent locations worldwide. At Liberty Mutual, Nicole contributed to the award-winning Responsibility Project managing print and online advertising, as well as mobile and social media initiatives.
Nicole also teaches Integrated Marketing and Social Media Strategy at Boston University where she has been an adjunct professor in the School of Management since 2009. In addition, she has authored several articles on new media published by Pearson Education. Nicole began teaching as part of her fellowship at Miami University where she earned her master’s in mass communication.
Nicole is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and is an active member of the Association of National Advertisers, the Ad Club of Boston, and the MIT Enterprise Forum.